Monday, November 11, 2013

Beauty Without Bunnies 101

I'm back again with a topic that I feel very strongly about, and hopefully some of you do too!

I'm going to try to be nice and calm about it in this entry, but it is something I just CANT tolerate anymore. I used to randomly walk into a drugstore, purchase a product, and not think anything of it. If I checked the labels and saw that the company was cruelty-free, great! But since I've educated myself on the topic of animal testing, I will never be so lenient again. It takes a lot of strength to see past the disturbing images, but you can google any questions you may have on the topic and read about the horrors for yourself. Actually seeing the damage done it will make you realize just how cruel it really is.

If you're unsure about what companies test or don't test, peta has a great database that has all cruelty-free companies. Check it out here! They also list the companies which don't practice such a thing. I guarantee you'll be shocked by how many products you have in your home that a helpless animal was tortured for, just for you to own.

Here are some big ones right away: Revlon, Estee Lauder, Johnson & Johnson, Avon, L'Oreal, Proctor & Gamble, Dial, and so forth. Keep in mind these are companies. Companies that produce your Listerine, Crest toothpaste, Garnier shampoo's, Air Wick, Febreze, all the way to your Dolce & Gabanna perfumes to your trending M.A.C. lipsticks. (I'll never waste my pennies on MAC anymore. Kind of a relief if you ask me.)

My favorite cruelty-free brands are: Urban Decay (yay!), LUSH, & NYX cosmetics. Although UD & LUSH can be a bit pricey, there are many inexpensive brands too, like NYX & e.l.f.! Making sure that you buy cruelty-free is not as hard as you think! Just make a list of all of the companies you've heard of to the store and make sure you check the description on the bottles for the company & so forth. Then you'll know what to never buy again!


My bunny Nimbus & I thank you! (these are older pictures. He is much bigger now & my hair more colorful.)

4 comments:

  1. you're bunnies are freaking cute!~ i'm really against animal cruelty and avoid such products as well as possible. there aren't many products available here, though :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any effort to be cruelty-free means a lot! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This post was really informative and I like that. I wish it was easy finding cruelty-free products without having to go through extensive research. I don't understand why they haven't made a law against it. It's just as bad as testing products on infants for instance, they can't speak up for themselves but they do, indeed, have feelings. Ughhkvdsbfhai, I'm just really glad I came across this post and your blog as a whole. It's wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you! Stay wonderful, and keep your bunnies warm and cuddly! xo

    sweetaesthetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much that means to me! Thank you so much for your lovely compliments! Your blog is fantastic as well, follwed!

      Delete