Monday, November 4, 2013

minihouse8888 extensions review

Hey everyone! I know it's been an extremely long time since I've blogged last. There has been a lot going on in my real life that I've had to deal with so I apologize for my absence. But I'm back with a review! I've gone quite some time without hair extensions, since my hair was green actually, and I've been missing my length. But I like to budget and find the best product I can for the cheapest prices. I've head about minihouse8888.com before by word of mouth and a couple of my favorite youtubers so I checked it out and gave them a shot. I ordered the Remy Clip in Extensions, more specifically the 20" in the lightest blonde listed. It says you will receive 70 grams of 100% human hair, for $30.80. If you buy hair extensions you'll know that the price is amazing  for that much REAL hair. Seems too good to be true right? Well, yeah kind of. I figured they weren't going to be as good as some of my older sets which I've spent nearly $100 on, but I was curious to see what I would get.


This is the packaging they came in. I have a bit of a long story with this. I knew they would take a while to get to me considered it's free basic shipping from China. A month and 2 weeks went by, still nothing. I had to contact them just to get my tracking number which was never provided in the first place. Thankfully they were very compliant and nice. After checking my tracking number it said that there was a missed delivery and they were sitting at my local post office. I never got the missed notice so I had no idea (but that was obviously not minihouse's fault). SO, I went down to the post office to pick them up and the worker said that after 10 days they send them back to the original sender. So I contacted minihouse again and asked them to notify me once they've received the package. I waited 2 more weeks, nothing. Finally I got another missed notice because no one is home in the mornings/afternoons to catch the delivery. I finally went back to the SAME place I thought they were before and got them. It took me just over 2 months to get them, which is outrageous. But, such is life right?

When I opened the package I was a bit disappointed. Maybe I'm just used to having thick extensions, but these were very thin, as I expected. Thankfully I had 2 leftover blonde wefts from the last time I bought a set of hair extensions. And even with those they are still not as thick as I would like them. And my hair isn't that thick in the first place. Also, the blonde wasn't as light as I had hoped. And if you look closely at them you can see strands of red and brown throughout them? With them being dark as well it was tricky to get the color to match my real hair but I managed to make it work. There we also a few spots that weren't sealed very well. As in pieces of hair were falling out of the weft. So far there hasn't been too much shedding besides that but I'm afraid there will be in the future. Which isn't good considering how thin they are. The one thing I really liked about them though were the clips! They are some of the best clips I've had! They secure well and are more comfortable to wear than most.

PRO'S: Nice length / Comfortable clips / Affordable


CON'S: Very thin / Frequent shedding / Color's are not accurate / Shipping takes forever

I would recommend these hair extensions to someone who is looking for a set to wear occasionally, not for every day use. If you have thick hair I would suggest buying a set with more grams or buying 2 sets and doubling them up to avoid a mass amount of clips, as that can get uncomfortable. I'm not completely unsatisfied because you get what you pay for. I'll probably have to buy another set soon, but for now they work fine!

If you have any other questions leave them below in the comments or feel free to send me an email at brittanyeileen32@gmail.com. Thank you & I love you all!


Don't forget to check out my shop at cosmiccomet.storenvy.com. I just updated with an amazing line of Japanese skincare products that I'm going to review in a few days for you guys!

1 comment: